Monday, September 27, 2010

Rich Dad, Poor Dad Message

Have you ever read the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series? Don't worry, I am not trying to sell it to you or anything like that and I do even recommend it, but I did learn one big messages from reading this series.

Work smart, not hard!

Use the money and the resources that you have to make more money for yourself. Reduce and eliminate things that simply use up money without creating it or regenerating it. What is sucking the money out of you?

Don't you want to make money while you are sleeping? I know I do, that is why I am on a quest to make a decent living from passive income online. As most of you know, I have been working at it for almost two years now at a snails pace and on my on time. I am making about $1,600 per month even when I do nothing. Now I want to focus on increasing my monthly passive income. Although $1,600 per month sounds awesome at first, one must realize that it is not a living. I appreciate it, but I do not know when it will end (knock on wood) or reduce. So, I must focus on bringing in more money.

One thing that I am trying to focus on while designing my new lifestyle is not wasting time on things that don't make money. Stay away from websites that you have already tried and you know do not work. For me those are websites such as the make money taking surveys, make money doing something that you do not know what it is, mturk, bukisa, associated content and anything that wastes your time.

Now, I do admit, that there may be some more time wasting as I try to figure out what does make money, but luckily there are many people on the internet that have traveled this path before me and can help me find my way. There are people like Timothy Ferris (I wonder if he is related to Todd Ferris, oh that's right Todd Ferris is a fictitious name, sorry), The 4-Hour Work Week Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich. By the way, if you click on that link, I am not making a penny from it. I just thought it is an interesting book. May be that is why I not making as much as I think I should be.

Anyway, if a 4-hour work week sounds good to you, I know it sounds good to me, follow me to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers